Our goal is for everyone to play confidently and expressively on the Native American style flute, “from the heart.” We’ll have information sharing, playing in the group, and individual development. We will aim toward our goal within a supportive, encouraging atmosphere.
You will need a 6 or 5 hole Native American style flute, preferably in A minor, G minor or F sharp minor. I will bring some flutes and sanitary straws for the first session or two.
Documents for Students
- Spring 2017 Native American Flute Playing – Intermediate Syllabus
- Flute Embellishments
- Playing from the Heart and PAPEEFASS handout
- Basic Hints for Structuring a Song
- Music Theory
- Minor and Major Scales
- Distinctive Features of the Native American Way of Playing
- Limitations and Opportunities
- Music learning typology